Test Automation Engineer (Helsinki)
We are looking for our first Test Automation Engineer to set up our automation from scratch.
If you would like to do this in a fast-growing Saas company with a great international team, please read further :)
Who we are
We’re Happeo - a team of passionate problem-solvers, working hard to build and provide the best intranet out there. We’re proud to be named one of the hottest young scale-ups by The Next Web in 2019, and it’s our dream to make work a happier place by bringing people together through a happy digital culture. Happeo's talent is spread across locations, generations, and time zones, helping Happeo's continued growth of 280% year on year.
Our customers <3 our product! We hardly have any churn, which makes our story a compelling one. Companies have noticed – we’ve tripled our revenue in 2019. Now we need you to find the talent that scales these results.
What the job is about
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Creating and implementing our test strategy/test plans for the features, automated tests, introduce the best QA practices, and ensure an appropriate level of code coverage;
- Partnering with our engineers to develop a quality mindset and advocate for quality standards;
- Developing maintainable test automation frameworks, tools, and automated test suites, in response to growing feature set and customer requirements;
- Working with the Development team (15 engineers - and growing fast) to scale up test automation practices and provide robust releases.
- There will be many challenges along the way, such as:
- setting up the testing framework and integrate it into our existing continuous integration system;
- running tests in parallel with different users interacting with each other in order to complete different flows;
- setting up performance thresholds for tests, in addition to success/failure statuses.
- Our solution comprises a web and a mobile application.
- On the backend we are using Java, Nodejs.
- On the frontend, we are using React and Angular (deprecating it)
- On mobile, we use React Native
- We are using services provided by Google Cloud Platform
What we’re looking for
- 5 years+ experience in web-based automation testing and/or mobile software testing;
- Ability to create a test automation setup;
- Experience with Selenium or other web automation frameworks;
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development;
- Creative thinking skills;
- Detail-oriented personality;
- Ability to communicate well to other members of the development team;
- Someone who is is either based in (or ready to move to) either to Helsinki (Finland) or Cluj (Romania).
Bonus point for
- Performance and load testing;
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform;
- Interest towards new technologies and a constant urge to learn;
- ISTQB testing terminology (any certification would be valuable);
- Experience in working with test case management tools/bug tracking tools.
What we offer
- A competitive salary;
- A fun position without the stiffness of the corporate world;
- The chance to make your mark - we’re growing and growing fast, so it’s all hands on deck;
- Real recognition. Your work matters and we care about your professional and personal growth;
- Tools you need for your work (duh);
- A mature, output-oriented culture, where you get the trust and flexibility to do what you do best;
- Company outings, online health-related events, and shenanigans;
- Diverse (over 20 nationalities and counting!), creative, intelligent, entertaining, friendly, and totally modest colleagues;
- Relocation support if applicable.
If you believe this could be your next step, please introduce yourself. This position will be filled as soon as the right candidate shakes our hand, so get your application in asap!